Re: [OM] CF Tripod

Subject: Re: [OM] CF Tripod
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 10:45:08 -0700
I have had the Gitzo (CF) 1227 ( 3-legged version) for nearly 2 years, and I have thanked my self a thousand times during my trips for owning it. It has been with me everywhere - from Europe - to the glaciers of Alaska- to the tropical rainforests of Queensland, Australia. Sure its a bit expensive, ( though its costs less than most good Zuiko primes) but its one investment that will make more difference to your photography than anything else - a tripod that you can actually carry with you places. Its extremely rigid and weighs nearly nothing compared to metallic tripods.! Speaking of expense, I ordered mine from Robert White ( www.RobertWhite.co.uk ) after learning about them in photo.net Its about the best deal you can get anywhere.
-Tim

I noticed some complaints about the leg locks not working well in cold weather. Have you had any problems?
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?