Re: [OM] An ephiphany

Subject: Re: [OM] An ephiphany
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 19:57:57 -0700
At 07:08 AM 4/13/2002 -0700, Silver Nose wrote:
..
NOT SO FAST!
Slide films are so much different.  Although you can use the
same methodology, your success will be based more on luck than
science.  Essentially you're just averaging some values--which
your camera already does in non-spot mode.

AG-Schnozz

Ah thanks for the clarification! My original post was sort of inspired by why I can't get a good scan from the blown out flower pics (it was Sensia 200), and one of the epiphanies is that the slide can't handle the range I gave it, and if I am smarter, I would have figured that out by 1) experience, and 2) use the spotmeter to tell me what the range of the scene is. Duh... It's like I have this great tool, and I am only use it in half of its capability!

// richard http://www.imagecraft.com
[ For technical support, please include all previous replies in your msgs. ]