Re: [OM] 50f a Fang?

Subject: Re: [OM] 50f a Fang?
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 23:47:01 -0700
on 4/13/02 8:03 PM, Richard F. Man at richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> Rich -- you'll need to sell a car and get the 250/2.0 also...
>> --
>>
>> Jim Brokaw
>> OM-1's, -2's, -4's, (no -3's yet) and no OM-oney...
>
> Ha ha ha. Doesn't that lens weight more than *I* do :-) ? Actually, I sort
> of blanked its existence out of my awareness. Is this the fabled "NASA
> rated it as the sharpest" lens? Darned. What kind of car are we talking
> about? :-) (I mean a small Toyota is very different from a Rolls)

The 250/2.0 does exist, mere mortals are alleged to have owned examples. I
think someone on this list mentioned in passing having the lens... I believe
it weighs ~10lb, the esif would provide the definitive answer if I go look
it up... 3900g, which is 8.59lb, lighter than I thought.

I think a Camry or a Corolla would suffice for this, the market is so thin I
can't think of ever seeing what one has sold for. My guess is $3500-$4500 in
clean used shape. But wow, just to look through it... great lens for
astrophotos, about a large a clear aperture as you can get... or theater
photos, you'd save enough not buying the expensive orchestra seats to pay
for it in a few dozen years... indoor sports without the arena flash
system... this has a ton of uses. I *need* one...
--

Jim Brokaw