Re: [OM] [OT] Needed: KODAK PROFESSIONAL PRO IMAGE 100 Film

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Needed: KODAK PROFESSIONAL PRO IMAGE 100 Film
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 16:16:03 +0800
Hi John,

I hope you have enough research before saying that, but it seems not.

For the Surpa 100, it is exactly PJ100 (Ektapress 100) as mentioned on
Kodak's web site.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/products/films/supra/qAndA.jhtml
;jsessionid=NSPJ3EGYG2515QHIO2SXWKA

If my guess is right the Royal Gold 100 is rename from Ektar 100 (just like
Royal Gold 25 was rename from Ektar 25), this time I have used both Ektar
100 and PJ 100 so I can make a comparison. In my experience the Ektar 100
has higher contrast and the PJ100 was more natural. The "color" of PJ100 is
also more natural and does not need special color adjustment when scanned
while the Ektar 100 is a bit warm.

I have a scan of both film at the same time, the scan was done with a
Microtek 6700, both film placed side by side, there was no adjustment made:

http://www.glink.net.hk/~photogrp/E100VP100.JPG

At the mean time Royal Gold 400 is a old emulsion while the Supra 400 is
completely new, which was designed for scanning, you can check the above
Kodak link. Or just take out one parameter, the print grain index on Royal
Gold 400 is 39 while the Supra 400 is 36 (both at 4x6").

Don't force me to buy each and make comparison scans, I will not do that
because I simple know they are not the same.

C.H.Ling