Re: [OM] Kodak 25 ASA color print film - John Lind

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodak 25 ASA color print film - John Lind
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:07:29 +0800
The Royal Gold 25 was not designed for normal consumer, as far as I
remember it was for SLR user (mentioned on the box). It is also not
for pro, they will use MF and LF if they need large output. The
problem was the slow speed, you have to use tripod most of the time
(Although I do have some sharp shoots from hand held normal and wide
angle lenses). Not many subjects are suitable for such kind of
shooting method.

IMO there is still no ISO100 film come close to the fine grain and
sharpness of Royal Gold 25, especially the machine printed 8x10, it
makes big different if Royal Gold 25 were used.

I remember it was came out in 1987-88 not a 30 year old film. It was
so sad to see the disappear of this film (although I have turned to
slides few years ago). Extremely fine grain is needed to provide good
tonal rendering, especially for group shoots where the heads are
small. This is the ultimate film that make your 35mm gears give
comparable result to the medium format.

C.H.Ling