Re: [OM] Konica Impressa 50 [was] Konica Impressa 25

Subject: Re: [OM] Konica Impressa 50 [was] Konica Impressa 25
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 21:43:47 -0500
At 19:27 4/14/02, Charles asked:

Anyone use Agfa?

I used a fair amount of ASA 100 and a little ASA 400 Agfa color negative about 25 years ago in Europe. Don't even remember what it was called then. Quit using it about 20 years or so ago.

The only Agfa I use now is Scala 200X. It's the only B/W transparency film made and it's not bad. Very nearly as fine grained as the "average" ISO 100 E-6. In large screen projection it has nearly the same accutance also. It's beat out by Kodachrome 64, and probably by Provia 100F, but not by very much. Has its own developing chemistry and process and must be sent to a lab licensed by Agfa to run it. There are three in the U.S. and others around the world.

Note:
One can create a transparency from a few B/W films such as TMax 100 by using do-it-yourself chemistry in one's own darkroom. Kodak sells a kit for doing this with TMax 100 (doesn't work with TMax 400!).

-- John