"Re: [OM] 180mm f2.8" saying:

Subject: "Re: [OM] 180mm f2.8" saying:
From: wavegirl <wavegirl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:34:46 +0100
>> most of us use sniping programs that bid in the last few seconds
>> of the auction anyway, and you won't see our interest in an item. If you do
>> happen to recognize a listee's name as a bidder, and you choose not to bid,
>> that's fine. That's your choice or not. There are no "rules."

What I kind of like to do is bid my maximum very early. That way several
other people often come along, outbid me and then the sniper comes along and
gets the product for quite high. The cons of this method is that I've almost
never won an auction. The pros are, while the sniper wins, he never gets a
good deal. In fact I really enjoy ragging with the snipers this way -- I get
the entertainment for free. And if I get an item at a price I'm willing to
pay by mistake, oh well. :-)

If you want to avoid playing with the snipers altogether, best bet is to go
to the other auction sites since most sniping programs don't know them.