Re: [OM] F280/OM4t questions

Subject: Re: [OM] F280/OM4t questions
From: "Mike Cormier" <ronaldcormier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:04:05 -0400
I could be wrong, but I always assumed that the reason for lack of useful tech info on the F280 is that it was originally designed for a line of "idiot proof" Oly Wunderbricks (started with the OM-77) that never took off.

I think the super fp features on the OM-4T were incorporated to interface with more serious professional speedlights that, unfortunately, were never developed by Olympus because of a change in camera trends by that company (ie, the IS series and digital cameras).

Of course, the F280 works well for fill flash etc. with the OM-4T, but I think it was originally intended to be the T18 of the F series of flashes that were never built.