RE: [OM] Negative & Slide film... Price versus Quality

Subject: RE: [OM] Negative & Slide film... Price versus Quality
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:29:23 -0600
 On the subject of film selection, I was entertained by listening to the
conversation between the person in queue in front of me and the salesperson
while at the camera shop a while ago:

 Customer: I'd like a roll of the 326 film, please.
 Salesfolk: 326? It normally doesn't come in that speed; do you want 200 or
400?
 Customer: no, that one <fx: points>
 Salesfolk: Oh, the roll that _costs_ $3.26. Right. That'll be ...

 and on it goes.

 (not that I haven't wound up buying film just because it's cheap, but, in
my defense, lately it's been either out-of-date B+W film for the
Holga/general darkroom experimenting, or some of the whole lot of Kodak
Royal Gold that a local place is clearing out; it's not amazing film, but
it's better than the generic cheap OEM'd Fuji stuff I'd otherwise get and
not a lot more)

 That said, every time I make the effort to buy the good stuff, I'm reminded
why it's worthwhile when I get the prints back, but whenever I'm buying,
some weird mental block descends on me..

 -- dan