Re: [OM] Slides: Mounted or unmounted for scanning?

Subject: Re: [OM] Slides: Mounted or unmounted for scanning?
From: Paul Wallich <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 20:29:49 -0400
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
At 6:00 PM -0400 4/15/02, NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 4/15/02 4:10:05 PM Central Daylight Time, tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Scanning slides would be a much easier procedure

My real concern was lost image area from the mount and the potential for them not being as flat. Bill Barber

Flatness will be about the same either way, perhaps a little better with
mounted slides. The film carrier is, uh, kinda mediocre. I had a couple
of rolls of slides done without mounts and cut them myself, and it really
wasn't worth the hassle.

If you desperately need 24x36mm full frame for particular shots you can
remount (I got a bunch of fullframe glassless mounts from B&H). It is
unfortunately true that the fine extra-large viewfinder coverage of the
OM-1/2/4/etc lets you see more than a standard mount will uncover.

paul

--
Paul Wallich                                            pw@xxxxxxxxx