Re: [OM] Negative & Slide film... Price versus Quality

Subject: Re: [OM] Negative & Slide film... Price versus Quality
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:52:50 +0800
Similar here, for my own works (fun), my preference is Velvia, Provia
F and Sensia. For family and company party I use Fuji Superia 200, it
is easier to get good result from one hour lab and one stop faster
than 100, gives a longer reach for flash. For portrait I may use
160NC, just tried two roll and the result looks fine.  I think
Professional print will get very good result even with the common
consumer film, machine print is very lab dependent. You need to try
out which film is better for your favorite lab.

I also heard the film base of RAP is different from RA and RAP gives
better details in highlight when scanned, may give the RAP a trial
later.

Why slides? it simply scan better with accurate color. Don't tell me
negative can get same result, it will still look "good" when scanned
and software adjusted but the color just different. At the mean time
scanning of negative with my LS2000 just look much more grainly than
Provia F. Even with the Fuji or Kodak ISO100 negative film.

C.H.Ling
http://www.glink.net.hk/~olympus