Re: [OM] How'd he do that?

Subject: Re: [OM] How'd he do that?
From: Benson Honig <benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:55:31 +0300
I started using a BG1 and a T32 about 6 weeks ago. The T32 fits snugly - I
don't know if it is more or less so than would be with a BG2. I ran some
tests, and there were no problems. I never had to remove a nub in the grip
- perhaps someone else had already done so to my grip - more likely the
point was about removing the nub in the flash unit... If you have a 310,
you can look inside and see if there is such a thing. Anyway else in a
position to compare them?

In any case, the whole thing works great with one caveat - I need to remove
the battery cover from the T32 before sliding it into the grip. Given the
fact that you can get a BG1 for about one quarter the price of a BG2, it's
not a bad trade-off. Note, however - you will need to run your T cable
directly to the flash, and the BG1 doesn't do 360 degree turns - that is -
it only moves on the vertical axis, not the horizontal. I have used NICADS
with the BG1 - no problem there - just remember not to put your 310 on it
with the ni-cads. Recharging is very quick, as it should be. Since you need
the same cables anyway, and you already have the BG1, it seems like you
should give it a try.

Benson

>No, I never recommend it, it's a fact that you can force fit a T32 on a BG1.
>That's why I put "fit" in quotes.  Might as well say it can be done (cus a
>dozen other people will).  Let the chips fall where they may.
>Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 12:47 AM
>Subject: Re: [OM] How'd he do that?

> Ok, it will "fit" but is it recommended to do that?  Is there any possible
> problem with this, like burning circuits or something?  I'd like to put my
> T32 onto my BG1 if I don't need to get a QA310
> >If you look inside the 3 pin plug on the grip, you can just cut off the
> >little nub in there and the T32 will "fit".

Benson Honig Ph.D.
University of Haifa
Graduate School of Business
Tel: 972-4-8249582