Re: [OM] Slides: Mounted or unmounted for scanning?

Subject: Re: [OM] Slides: Mounted or unmounted for scanning?
From: Dorothée Rapp <om@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 12:20:43 +0200
Hello :)

Tris Schuler wrote:

[snip]

Someone else made the point that with negatives you're feeding six frames to the scanner at a time as opposed to a maximum of four with slides, [snip...]

this applies for the Acer, where the carriers for the mounted slides are quite a hassle (right word??) to deal withtoo - and -

... I'd turn around the other fellow's assessment and say that in this area the slide carrier would outshine the negative carrier: it is probable (possible) that you could (would) load four slides you know you want to work with at a time.

on the other hand, I find it can be quicker to make my choice as to which slide to mount *after batch scanning (and doing something else in the meantime)...of course it all depends :)

just my 2 eureocents
cheers
Doro