Re: [OM] Foam replacement kits and camera shop experiences

Subject: Re: [OM] Foam replacement kits and camera shop experiences
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 13:14:24 -0400
I wet the slot foam with a little denatured alcohol  and let it sit for 3-5
minutes.  Old foam scrapes out pretty easy then.  A stronger solvent is not
called for.  Acetone or MEK will remove paint and is very harmful to
breathe.
Also, clean foam off of all edges of the back cover and the hinge area.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 For Free Olympus manuals,
please call 1-800-221-3000