Re: [OM] Lens Mount Swap

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Mount Swap
From: Pandionhalietius@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 18:38:58 EDT
I have wondered along the same lines about doing the same.  To go one step
further, about swapping a different mount on a different make.  I know that
there may be mechanical linkage problems, but with OTF accuracy on an OM 4t,
would it really matter?
My thoughts are with Big Glass lenses from, let's say Nikon, in a focal
length/speed/cost Zuiko doesnt cover.
How hard would it be to take a N 400/3.5 or a 600/4 and attach a Olympus
mount?
I see Canon FD lenses that have been modified to fit Nikon, but I don't see
Olympus being so.
John
<< >So, my thought is I could rob the required lens mount parts off a junker