Re: [OM] Foam replacement kits and camera shop experiences

Subject: Re: [OM] Foam replacement kits and camera shop experiences
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:36:56 -0700
I have used the kit from Camtech and the directions on their website. They
were easy to follow and precise. I used a toothpick with one end cut at 60
degree angle to clean out the goo and followed with a foam applicator and
rubbing alcohol to remove any residue. I used Pliobond adhesive to put the
new seals in place. I followed the directions to the letter and it worked
beautifully. Just take your time and you'll have sucess.

Rich

It worked well for me too. John's directions on Camtech were great. The only thing I can add is that I used a bamboo skewer which I flattened into a little chisel with a piece of sand paper. Also one of those citrus goo dissolvers worked better to remove the old adhesive followed by cleaning with alcohol. Tedious but with a certain Zen like quality to the experience. :-)
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?