Re: [OM] more wonderbricks

Subject: Re: [OM] more wonderbricks
From: John Robison <omrobison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 23:03:19 -0700 (PDT)
--- Bill Pearce <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This subject came up during the discussion of the OM
> book. there was a time
> when this was true. It expiered about the time of
> the Nikon F2, which quite
> a few consider to be the greatest professional SLR
> ever. There was a sea
> change that came shortly before AF introduction,
> where cameras were
> purported to be professional, when in fact, were
> aimed squarely at the
> affluent amateur market. This was thanks to the
> marketing people, who
> reacted to the need to expand markets.
  Too true Bill,(and too sad) I'm really a photo
curmudgeon that distusts electronics, but well
thoughtout designs are used effectively by our members
all the time, the OM-4/4t and OM-2s are praised by the
list. But if you held out a new 4t and a like new 1n
and said I could have only one, without a moments
pause I'd grab the 1n. It's illogical I know, but I
can't help myself<G>       John Robison