Re: [OM] Vancouver Camera Show

Subject: Re: [OM] Vancouver Camera Show
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:03:56 -0700
I don't think a test chart is necessary. All you need is something flat and with some detail both center and edge. You are not trying to get publishable measurements, just to see if the filter degrades the image. If you happen to find one that gives a nice overall softening effect, you now have a soft filter for portraiture! :-)

Moose

Ralph Nitschke wrote:

Thanks Moose,

Just to show my inexperience, I assumed if the filter
looked fine when I looked through it (i.e. no smudges
or scratches...), it would be okay.  Now you have me
thinking about the protective filters I have on my
other lenses.

I'll follow your advice and take some test pictures
wide open with and with out the filters and compare
the differences.  Any thoughts as to one to shoot?  A
short time ago there was some discussion on using the
USAF 1951 chart, I guess that would be as good as any.