RE: [OM] Long Beach CART Race

Subject: RE: [OM] Long Beach CART Race
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 12:14:05 -0600
My granddaughter is a ski racer and had a great race photo done recently by
Crystal Images of Big Sky, Montana. My daughter said they were using a
digital system so I called them yesterday to see what they were using.
They've been using the Nikons and think the D1X will be ideal because they
can have the battery pack separated from the camera and kept in a warm
pocket. They have stayed with film equipment for really cold days. They use
motor drives and I asked if they ever had trouble with film breaking in cold
weather as some on the list have expressed concern about this. Interestingly
they do have that problem but not in cold weather. They also do white water
river Photography and the high temperatures in the summer cause film to
break easily. /jnm

<<snip>>
By the way, does one really need a D1X,
80-200/2.8, and fast wide pro zoom to shoot little league games?!
 <<snip>>
Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com