Re: [OM] STOP THE PRESS - HOLD THE PHONES

Subject: Re: [OM] STOP THE PRESS - HOLD THE PHONES
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 14:25:24 -0700
No rush:

"From now until early June the five planets that can be seen with the naked eye -- Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn -- will move into a rough grouping on the same, visible, side of the sun, something that happens only once a century.

"People will be able to see the planets with the naked eye lining up about 45 minutes after sunset," Robert Warren at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London told Reuters Friday.

He said stargazers should watch the planets rising from the western horizon where the five should be grouped within a span of 10 degrees of sky, or about the width of a fist held at arm's length.

Moose

Kierstin wrote:

is it really true that there will be a 5 (yes I said 5) planet alignment tonight, in England?

If it is true, which I plan to be checking all night, is there someone, anyone who would agree to take a good, no what the heck, a GREAT picture for me to add to my children's scrapbooks?