Re: [OM] STOP THE PRESS - HOLD THE PHONES

Subject: Re: [OM] STOP THE PRESS - HOLD THE PHONES
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 15:37:21 -0700
so what does this mean, they can be seen every night, right after sunset
until June?

Yes, especially  during the dark of the new moon.

Are they only visible to the naked eye for a period of time each night? Is
it possible to photograph them? I suppose this is a question best aimed at
our own photo geniuses in astrophotography ......... does anyone know the
answer?

They rise in the east and set in the west just like the sun and the rest of the stars.

Where I live, there is a lot of light pollution, so even if I had the
equipment, which I don't and the know-how, which I don't and the experience,
which I don't, I don't think I could even get a shot from around here.

I hope I am not just rambling on about something nobody is even interested
in - if so just say.

Kierstin

I live near Los Angeles on the coast with lots of moisture in the air. I don't see many stars there, but I have had no trouble seeing Saturn and Jupiter for the past few months. You should be able to see all of them.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?