Re: [OM] F280 flash

Subject: Re: [OM] F280 flash
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 20:04:19 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Babis E. Mavridis" <mavridis@xxxxxxxxxx>
<snip>
> What I do:
>
> When there is "enough light" and I need a "fill in light" from the flash I
> use the Super FP, even for lower speeds 1/15 up to 1/2000.
> In this case the speed on the camera dose matter ! (and this the big
secret
> about)

If you use OM4Ti in auto mode and flash set at Super FP, you will only get
proper flash control at shutter speed over 1/60s. Under 1/60s you have to
set the flash to normal TTL. On the other hand It is not the shutter speed
affect your flash working distance, it is the ambient light intensity. If
ambient light intensity is fixed, the shutter speed and aperture is a
constant value. e.g. you can only get higher shutter speed by open up the
aperture and in this case larger aperture passes more light to film.

> When there is dark and there is no light at all, I use the normal option
> (and get speed lower than 1/60). In this case you can use and the manual
> mode of OM and put the spead on 1/60 - then the flash shoot only the
amound
> of light that need to take the photo.
> In this case the speed on the camera dose NOT matter - and can be only
1/60
> (or lower but this dosen't affect the flash on photo).

When you set the camera to manual mode and below 1/60s, you can only get
full flash power output each time (no TTL) unless you have a OM3Ti. The
proper setting is "normal" on the flash and auto on the OM body.

> For manual option I get the full power of the flash, so the only way to
> control it if from the diafragma, and I use it for long distanse or for
big
> rooms - but not that often.
> In this case the speed on the camera dose NOT matter - and can be only
1/60
> (or lower but this dosen't affect the flash on photo).
>

> This is my way - I don't know if this the right way
> Babis

The last method is ok.

C.H.Ling