re: [OM] more about the F280

Subject: re: [OM] more about the F280
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:20:52 -0700
I said:

 >I occurred to me that because of the longer duration of the flash in
 >Super FP mode that it must really use up the batteries. Does anyone
 have
 >any first hand experience with this. I haven't used it in FP mode
 enough
 >to know. Should I carry an extra set of batteries to my normal backup
 >set?

Winsor Crosby wrote:

 I thought the batteries were just there to charge the capacitor,=20
 which would be the same regardless of mode.

Yes but if the flash is putting out x amount of light over a longer
period of time doesn't that equal more total energy expended? Maybe I'm
confusing the total flash dump with the rate of burn. and maybe this
isn't a noticeable issue with battery usage. Please correct me.

Mike
-

I think we were talking about two different things. I thought you meant more battery use than a manual flash when obviously you meant more use than an auto flash. Of course C.H. Ling pointed out elsewhere on the list that the duration of the FP flash varies which I did not know before.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?