[OM] OM Repairs

Subject: [OM] OM Repairs
From: "Andy Gilbert" <gilbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 21:10:14 +0100
**Original Message**
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 14:56:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [OM] OM Repairs

On Sun, 21 Apr 2002, Andy Gilbert wrote:

> 2) OM4 (not Ti) The viewfinder is unusable.  This happened after foolishly
> letting various members of my family use it with BG2, T32 etc.  in the pub
> when we were celebrating my mother passing her Degree!  Not only did
someone
> set it to manual, so I got 72 shots of half frame, but I suspect it was
> knocked as well.  The eyepiece has a blob in the middle, that looks as if
an
> element of the finder is either broken, or 2 glued elements are becoming
> separated.  Does this sound familiar?  It appears to be in the eyepiece
> rather than the prism. No doubt this is a Pro repair, and could be
combined
> with a CLA & refoam, but some advise on how serious it is would be great,
> thanks.

The eyepiece in an OM-4 can be disassembled and cleaned.  There are no
cemented elements in it so it's probably just debris that is inside it.
You did say it was in the pub, perhaps some good 'ole ale got in there
somehow :-)
-mark

>Knowing my family it could be almost anything ;)  Anyway, thanks, I shall
await the arrival of your CD & have a look :)

Andy Gilbert
Exeter
Devon
England