Re: [OM] E-Bay Prices

Subject: Re: [OM] E-Bay Prices
From: "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 20:03:40 -0500
I have bought many items on eeeee-bay, though not much photographic gear. Despite having paid perhaps alittle much for some items, there are not many bar about two that I was somewhat disappointed with.

Many though were unique items, and prices are often a reflection of demand as opposed to a "book value". Thus it can be said that something is worth what anyone is prepared to pay for it in the end. Patience can pay off with something better coming along at a later time; on the other hand, sometimes it's a case of grab it while you can - or it may not come along again for a long while.

Cheers,
Lee
I've been looking at  e-bay lately & have bought a few small items.  I've
also been following a few rarer items to get an idea of prices.  Some things
seem to go for really silly money, more than I'd expect to pay in my local
shop, with a 3 month warranty. Is this normal?  It doesn't seem to be
zuikoholics paying the silly money, as far as I can tell :)

Andy Gilbert
Exeter
Devon
England