Re: [OM] FS: the whole kit - I am disconsolate ...

Subject: Re: [OM] FS: the whole kit - I am disconsolate ...
From: "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 20:45:43 -0500

----Original Message Follows----
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Just a general question on this subject - did Olympus Japan not sell off their inventory of parts for discontinued items like the OM-1 etc? That is the normal procedure for big manufacturers that no longer support product items. It is usually to a large dealership/repair business etc.

Regards,
Lee
I agree.  I don't think it matters much in the long run if Olympus is
standing behind the product line, that is in regards to people getting out
and using their cameras.  They haven't supported the OM-1 for 10 years and
the shutters just keep clickin'. We may run out of key parts, but that's
what junk bodies are for.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 For Free Olympus manuals,