[OM] Vivitar 70-150/3.8 instructions

Subject: [OM] Vivitar 70-150/3.8 instructions
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 20:42:23 -0700
Bless me, Zuiks, for I have strayed. I'm mostly a prime lens kind of guy, but I've had the urge o try a reasonable hand-holdable zoom. For some time now I've been looking for a 70-150, but not the Zuiko. Instead, I've wanted the Vivitar 70-150 f/3.8. I've read in several different sources that it's a bit better corrected and higher contrast than the Zuiko 75-150 f/4.

Well, I just got one from the Evil Place. So far, I like it. Quite handy, and while heavier than a 100 or 135 prime, it isn't a neck-wrenching monstrosity like the 70-210 "Fat Viv" or the bigger Zuiko zooms. F/3.8 is quite usable on a 2-13 screen--haven't tried my 1-13 yet.

I have no instructions. So I have a question for anyone else who has the Viv 70-150. The lens has a close focusing mechanism that involves a yellow dot on the focusing scale between 8 and 10 feet, and another yellow dot to the right of the 70mm mark on the zoom ring. It appears that you're supposed to set the focus ring on the yellow dot, and then focus with the zoom ring between 70 and its yellow dot. Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone have instructions for this lens that they would be willing to copy/scan/mail/email/whatever?

Thanks!
--Peter Klein
Seattle, WA