Re: [OM] 300 mm Tamron f/5.6

Subject: Re: [OM] 300 mm Tamron f/5.6
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 10:57:04 +0200
Tamron made a good tripod clamp that fits this lens and many other Tamrons,
including the 80-200/2.8 (supplied with it, I believe). I bought mine on
eBay for around $10; there was one recently on UK eBay, that sold for
around$20.

Regards,
Roger Key

Hi Zuiks:

I recently acquired a Tamron 300 mm f/5.6 from the Evil Place.   The
lens has no provisions for a tripod mount.  I am reluctant to use the
camera body's tripod socket.  I suppose I could use a sandbag, and shoot
off of the hood of the pickup.

Does anyone have any ideas on devising a tripod mount for the lens.
BTW, is this lens any good?

Thanks!

Bill Stanke