Re: [OM] E-Bay Prices

Subject: Re: [OM] E-Bay Prices
From: "Gareth.J.Martin" <g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 10:32:46 +0100
I agree. I've never bought photographic equipment off E-Bay but I've
always been happy with what I've got. The most stupid thing I ever saw
was a P133 laptop (not a very good sepc) going for well over £200. I
guess it won't be as bad with photographic gear though but you never
know! The only problem I find with E-Bay is thah if I want an item
badly enough I will go mad trying to buy it. Many times this is not
good for my sanity and bank account!!!

Best Wishes,
Gareth.

> I have bought many items on eeeee-bay, though not much photographic gear.
> Despite having paid perhaps alittle much for some items, there are not many
> bar about two that I was somewhat disappointed with.
>
> Many though were unique items, and prices are often a reflection of demand
> as opposed to a "book value". Thus it can be said that something is worth
> what anyone is prepared to pay for it in the end. Patience can pay off with
> something better coming along at a later time; on the other hand, sometimes
> it's a case of grab it while you can - or it may not come along again for a
> long while.
>
> Cheers,
> Lee
> -----------------------------------
> I've been looking at  e-bay lately & have bought a few small items.  I've
> also been following a few rarer items to get an idea of prices.  Some things
> seem to go for really silly money, more than I'd expect to pay in my local
> shop, with a 3 month warranty. Is this normal?  It doesn't seem to be
> zuikoholics paying the silly money, as far as I can tell :)
>
> Andy Gilbert
> Exeter
> Devon
> England