Re: [OM] F280 & multi-spot

Subject: Re: [OM] F280 & multi-spot
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 10:07:19 EDT
Adjust your aperture accordingly.
Using ISO 100 film and Super FP flash-  for a two meter distance you could
use F5.6 and the camera will select shutter speeds from 1/125 to 1/200 sec.
depending on the amount of natural light in the scene.
With Super FP, you don't worry about what the scene meters without flash, you
have a Super FP chart handy, or reasonably commit it to memory, set your
aperture that YOU want, and the OM-4ti will fire the flash and set the
shutter speed according to the natural light.

George S.

gries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Let's try to put this in practical terms.  Say that I am just walking
around and need to get that fill flash on the dark side of an object
whose background is quite bright (a person in from of a sunset for
example).  If the scene meters 1/1000 at f11, but the chart shows me
that the super FP output is best at a distance of approx. 1 meter, how
do I photograph something that is 2 meters away?  Do I change the
shutter speed to 1/500 as indicated in the chart?  Wouldn't this then
make the background 1 stop brighter?  Also, what if I don't have the
chart for reference?  How can I make accurate judgments of how the flash
will perform?