Re: [OM] F280 & multi-spot

Subject: Re: [OM] F280 & multi-spot
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 10:34:09 EDT
Why do you say it won't work? His scene meters 1/000 F11 which is the bright
sunset, not his subject that he wants to shoot. I say fire away with the F280
and the subject will be properly exposed. Select your aperture, and the
camera selects the shutter speed. I'm not saying it will definitely be
perfect, (you can't predict what any scene will be without being there ) but
it certainly has a chance to be correct.

George S.

chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

He is talking about the background scene metered 1/1000s at F11, that is far
out of the working distance of F280, you will not get both background and
your object proper exposed. You cannot change the shutter speed unless you
change the aperture, the camera is in auto mode! You have to stop down to
F16 to get 1/500s. The GN is increased but the aperture is smaller and you
get the same working distance. No 2 meter! you have to change to wide angle
and shoot a 1m in order to balance the scene.