Re: [OM] F280 balance fill

Subject: Re: [OM] F280 balance fill
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 12:31:54 EDT
According to the chart in Vision Age # 6, F4 will give you a working distance
of .5 meter to about 3.3 meters. (All shutter speeds possible)  At F2.8 you
get 1 meter to 5 meters, F2 gives you approx. 1.3 meter to 7 meters. Your
range may be increased from these distances due to more available light. The
camera will select the shutter speed according to the available and flash
light amounts. It appears you can't do 1/125 at F6.3 ( if that is what you
want to do.)

George S.

gries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

My scene is metering at f5.6 @ 1/1000  from the chart, it looks like for
ASA 100, I will have to be at approx. 2.2' from the subject, no matter
what aperture I use since the corresponding shutter speeds are
relatively level. (i.e. 1/2000 @ f4)

My question also is: how do I shoot someone at 10'?  The camera on AUTO
will not let me (unless I use exp. comp.) do a 1/125 @ f6.3.