Re: [OM] Olympus Grip Strap with Winder 2...

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Grip Strap with Winder 2...
From: Pschings@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 22:03:03 EDT
In a message dated 4/23/2002 9:46:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Curtis.P.Hedman-1@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Just received a brand new grip strap from John H, and have installed it on
my 4T/Winder 2 setup... but I have a question: exactly how am I supposed to
hold the camera? Without the grip strap, I seem to hold the winder with the
lower three fingers, while my index finger falls on the release button atop
the winder, and my thumb rest just below the film advance on the camera
body. Held this way, my hand angles down at about a 45 degree angle, but my
wrist is straight. Using the Grip Strap, it seems more comfortable to grip
the winder with all four fingers, and press the release with my thumb! This
causes other problems, like greater wrist strain (unless I want to carry my
elbow high, my wrist has to make the 45 degree bend). I have to believe
that tripping with my thumb is not the way to go! Anyway, I studied the
photos in the instruction, and convinced myself I have it installed
correctly - can anyone out there give me some clues as to where I might be
going wrong? Thanx!

I'm sitting here with an OM-1n with a winder 2 and grip strap. When I put my
hand in the strap, it falls just as you describe you hold the camera without
the strap - 3 fingers around the grip on the winder, my forefinger on the
winder's release button, and my thumb is on teh back of the camera just below
the advance lever. My best guess is you may have the strap too tight. Try
loosening it - when you raise your finger to the winder release button it
will pull the strap tight.

Hope this helps,

Paul Schings