[OM] Portraits

Subject: [OM] Portraits
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 08:45:28 +1200
Hi Mickey,

I'm no portrait expert, and not all that good with flash, but here goes FWIW.

In general they've worked well. I especially like LeRoy's photo.

I think you had Paul & Lyn & Linda Smith too close to the backdrop as it
shows up grey/blue behind and should be black black.

I would want to re-position Lynne with her head pointed down a little so that
less of the upper gum-line showed in her smile. Not very flattering - but
that's
my personal point of view which others may not share.

Possibly I would want to use a Softar filter for Linda. And somehow have the
flash less for her or somehow reduce the contrast for her.

The fact that you have got such relaxed smiles from them all indicates
something very positive about your way of working with them (try and get a
smile from me <g> )

Brian