Re: [OM] Portraits for comment

Subject: Re: [OM] Portraits for comment
From: "Mickey Trageser" <vze3m2s8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 19:38:48 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Cormier" <ronaldcormier@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> I like all of 'em.  It could be my monitor, but I'd add just a splash more
> brightness in Photoshop.  Another option you might want to try is to use a
> manual T20 or F-280 off to the right, set to fire underpowered.  This will
> soften some of the facial shaddows, but still give the impression of
> left-side lighting.  Will allow more facial detail to come through.
> Wonderful OM protrait results nonetheless.  If you REALLY want to see some
> large prints though, you should try a MF TLR (Yashica, Rollei, etc...) or
if
> money were no object, a Hassy or close relative.  Lighting won't improve,
> but enlargements will look just a cut above.  I rarely use my OM gear for
> planned portrait sessions... just mostly candids.

I usually use a T32 in the primary umbrella and a second umbrella with the
Sunpak set to 1/4 or 1/8 power to do the fill job. This time I wanted
simplicity for setup. Let me know if you think the change in brightness
helps. I'm thinking I need to take one of the original scans and post it in
a larger form so the detail and true lighting come through.

I have a Rolleiflex TLR that I want to use a bit. It needs a new mirror
since the current one has little reflectance. I've been impressed with the
sharpness of the Zuiko 100/2.8, so I'm not aching for MF all THAT much, but
hey, anyone wants to donate one, I'm game!  ;-)

Thanks for your comments!
Mickey