Re: [OM] Auto Exposure on OM4T(Long)

Subject: Re: [OM] Auto Exposure on OM4T(Long)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:11:40 -0700
Not the first time this has come up; the consensus was that the shutter
curtain pattern reflectance has been well thought out (Maitani scores
again) and is to all extents and purposes equal to film reflectance (that
means to me it's gotta be within 1/3rd of a stop for more or less all
films).  One known exception:  Polaroid instant slide film.
Of course we all have some preferences and adjustments to our favorite (or
not) films.  Many rate Velvia at 40asa instead of 50... (but not just OM
users)
best regds
Jez

You are right about this coming up before. I just rummaged about in the archives. From what I found the conclusion seemed to be that film backings have continued to change since the dot pattern on the first curtain of the OM4 was created and that there is wide variation in film reflectivity.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?