Re: [OM] Re:Velvia 100!

Subject: Re: [OM] Re:Velvia 100!
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:29:50 -0700
On Thu, 25 Apr 2002 08:36:13 -0400, Stephen Troy wrote:

No, he was rather clear that it was a new 100-speed film with the Velvia
color pallette.  The film supposedly will push to 200 speed just as well as
regular Velvia pushes to 100.

Very cool. I'll have to shoot it side by side with Provia F and E-100
VS/SW to see how it holds up.

He also mentioned that National Geographic wants this film NOW.

I can see why.
-
B.B. Bean                                       bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bean & Bean Cotton Co http://www.beancotton.com
Peach Orchard,

Because, I understand, Velvia is specifically designed with an extra black layer for press reproduction. That is why it is so contrasty in projection. It also has that warm, colorful palette that NG seems to prefer if you look through the photos in the magazine.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?