Re: [OM] Developing B+W -- how many shots actually see enlargement?

Subject: Re: [OM] Developing B+W -- how many shots actually see enlargement?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 18:18:07 -0700 (PDT)
You can save time and rachet off a bunch of 4x5 prints easily
enough by running a single picture through the entire process
and making sure that the exposure is correct.  If this shot's
exposure is representative of the rest of the roll you can fly
through an entire roll in just a few minutes.  Put your
unexposed sheets of paper in a lightsafe box on your left and
put the exposed sheets of paper in a lightsafe box on your
right.  Start with the beginning of the roll, expose, advance,
expose, advance,... meanwhile storing the exposed sheets for
later development.  Once you get half the roll done, stop and
process the batch all together under one timer-run.  Use your
hands to shuffle the sheets in the chemistry.

I average maybe 2-5 enlargements per roll.  However, half the
roll is usually unusable because of other problems.  I usually
interest me now.  In fact, tonight I worked on a picture I've
never printed before, but I took back in 1989.

Proof sheets tell me little.  I leaned how to read a negative
when I was a kid.

AG-Schnozz