Re: [OM] Developing B+W -- how many shots actually see enlargement?

Subject: Re: [OM] Developing B+W -- how many shots actually see enlargement?
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 22:42:24 -0500
Back when I had "free" time, I could spend all night and weekends doing
contact sheets, then intermediate enlargements, and finally 8x10's of
the best.  Now days, since I have so little time to spare, I find it
much more economical in the long run to send all my B&W out and get
everything printed 3.5x5 -- I can do the contact sheet for my records,
but it's easier to pick out the promising frames for greater attention.

For convenience, I occasionally shoot Kodak Select -- a "monochrome"
film that's processed in C-41 so any one-hour lab can handle it, but the
images come out essentially B&W.  True, if the lab's equipment isn't set
up properly, you might get images back that are tinted, but that's half
the fun!  One roll came back slightly bluish, another green, which made
for some interesting images, but one came back almost sepia -- it worked
really well since it was a model wearing western garb....