Re: [OM] Darkroom help

Subject: Re: [OM] Darkroom help
From: Joshua Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 00:17:45 -0700
Sean Davis wrote:

I picked up some ancient but seemingly quite useable darkroom
equipment - a Beseler 23 (?) enlarger with two Schneider lenses.

An excellent enlarger in my experience, I have the 23C II XL.

In the process of printing some of my latest and greatest (?) OM
creations I am now wondering.... I have the two lenses - a 50mm and a
75mm, and i print 35mm and 120.  Which lens should i be using for
which format?

Use the normal lens for the format, 50mm for 35mm film. And
remember to adjust the condensers for the format you're printing.
Leave them set for 6x9 and your 35mm lighting will be fairly dim.
Leave them set for 35mm and your 6x9 lighting will have terrible
falloff in the corners.

--
josh@xxxxxxxxx is Joshua Putnam
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/>