Re: [OM] OM4Ti battery power

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4Ti battery power
From: Pschings@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 12:56:22 EDT
Cc: tevagelo@xxxxxxxxxxx
In a message dated 4/30/2002 12:49:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tevagelo@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

"I have two questions regarding my OM4Ti batteries:

- How many films approximately should I expect to shoot with a set of two
fresh SR44W batteries, under normal ambient temperatures?"

Not sure how many rolls, but I usually get at least 9-12 months of use from
my OM-4 with the Ti circuit. For me this probably translates to at least 30
rolls. A lot will depend on how often you use the display light and the self
timer. Both are big battery drainers.

"- If I keep the shutter speed dial ring of the camera at mechanical 1/60 or
B when not in use, will the camera continue to drain the batteries at a low
level, just as it does when the display is blank?"

Yes, there is still a continuous drain. Setting the shutter speed ring to one
of the mechanical (red) positions does prevent the meter display of the
display light from being accidentally turned on. Personally, I always set the
camera to mechanical "B" instead of mechanical 1/60. If for some reason I
forget to set it back when I use it I won't waste more than 1 frame, because
it is always immediately apparent from the sound when I fire the shutter on
"B"

Hope this helps,

Paul Schings