Re: [OM] 28mm f2.0 versus 28mm f2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] 28mm f2.0 versus 28mm f2.8
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:30:37 -0700
At 03:20 PM 4/30/2002 -0600, you wrote:
The lens tests at
<http://members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default.htm>http://members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default.htm
suggest that the difference between the 28mm f2.0 and 28mm
f2.8 are as follows: the f2.0 is sharper but has noticeable barrel
distortion, while the f2.8 is the opposite (but is much cheaper).
The lens tests at
<http://www.photodo.com/prod/lens/35lensesmtf.shtml#Olympus>http://www.photodo.com/prod/lens/35lensesmtf.shtml#Olympus
do not include both lenses, but the grade for the f2.0 is only a
2.6/5.0, only average.  Considering that I use my wide angles
mainly to photograph buildings, I think the f2.8 is the better lens
considering the lessened barrel distortion.  Any comments?

I think the 28/2 is MUCH better since I just bought one :-) ( but have not used it yet...)

Uh, you know what a true zuikoholic would say (which I guess I'm not one -- yet): get BOTH and find out yourself. In fact, get several of each to get the best ones... :-)

Pete

// richard http://www.imagecraft.com
[ For technical support, please include all previous replies in your msgs. ]