[OM] [OT] Airport Film Screening Report

Subject: [OM] [OT] Airport Film Screening Report
From: "Kerry Frohling" <kfrohling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:39:46 -0700
Hi Zuiks & Zuikettes,

I just got back from a trip to Orlando, Florida. I've been off-list for a couple of weeks, I'm sure I missed some scintillating discussion (and an equivalent load of...). I traveled from Los Angeles Airport. On my trip to Washington, DC in February I was unable to get a handscreen in either direction due to film speed. So, I followed (I believe in was) Windsor's advice and invested in a roll of 1600 film as insurance. Here are the results,

In Los Angeles:
I asked for a hand film screen. I was asked, "Is this professional film?" Since it was mostly Portra that I had bought "Pro-Packs" I felt validated to answer "Yes" and got a handscreen.

In Orlando:
I asked for a hand film screen.  No questioned asked, I got a handscreen.

In both cases, it seemed to me that the process was intention disruptive. In each case I was taken out of line to a special table where each roll was meticulously examined and swiped for bomb residue.

Cheers,

Kerry Frohling
Fullerton, California USA