Re: [OM] 28mm f2.0 versus 28mm f2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] 28mm f2.0 versus 28mm f2.8
From: "Olympus List" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 20:52:08 -0700
I hate my 28mm...it's an f2.8.. (yes yes yes, I know, Moose is sick of hearing
me say that)  Wide open, it is very soft, but I have found at f5.6 or lower,
it's not bad at all.  I do like the size and weight of it though, and the 49mm
thread makes it compatible with my 50/f1.8.  Of course, I am a bit biased,
because the other two lenses I own are the 50/f1.8 and a 90mm/f2.5 Tokina
Macro, both of which are tack sharp...  So it might be the case that the 28mm
is sharp, just not compared to these other two lenses...

Tokina has a 28mm/f2.8 that's $78 at B&H BRAND NEW.  The performance is not
bad, you can take a look at it in photodo...  It got a 3.4 on the photodo
score...

Albert