Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Dutch/Danish (was "Solvang")

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT] Dutch/Danish (was "Solvang")
From: "John Wheeler" <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 10:22:21 +1000
Roger Wesson wrote:

"To call a Scotsman English is perhaps the direst insult you
 can make north of the border."

It gets worse! A friend of my daughter's from Glasgow, while visiting Oz,
was asked what he thought of Edinburgh and the people from that lovely city.

"Och!", he said, "They might as well be bloody English!"

So yes, one has to somewhat careful. Mind you, one would never find any
emnity between the various locations in this Wide Brown Land; we all get
along famously! ;-)

Regards,
John.