Re: [OM] Off the deep end

Subject: Re: [OM] Off the deep end
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 20:45:50 -0500
At 12:12 5/1/02, Ag Schnozz wrote:
I'm considering really getting crazy here and going with a 4x5
camera for some of my B&W photography.  (Yes, I have a 4x5
enlarger in the darkroom).

Main application would be field use, and I'd like it to be as
light and compact as possible.  Am I totally crazy?

No, not at all, but take my opine with a "grain of salt" (Ag salts work well for this) as I've been accused of teetering on the brink of mental adhesion.

Recommendations?  "For Sale" items available?

Sorry, don't have one.
If I did it wouldn't be for sale.
I'd be using it!

Of course, the OM-4 would make a great lightmeter...

ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Proper metering methods for a technical field camera make use of a Weston Master V with invercone for incident readings. A Master IV, III or II are also acceptable, as is a Weston Master 9 which is used for approx. 15 degree "spot" readings. I have a working Master V and Master 9 (nope, neither are for sale). There are no meters quite like the Weston's!

You will also need a focusing loupe on a neck cord. Get a good one free of aberrations. Need not be all that expensive.

Browse here to look at some possible candidates for your next camera:
  http://www.wisner.com/

-- John