[OM] Going to Japan....

Subject: [OM] Going to Japan....
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 12:52:09 +0200 (CEST)
Hello All,

This summer I am lucky enough to go on a business-trip to Japan. I'll have
stuff to do in Yokohama (just outside Tokyo), but do plan to extend my
stay a bit and get to see (at least) Osaka and Kyoto as well.....

Now....of course, I've gotten my hands on the Lonely Planet for Japan.
However I'd also like to solicit for some tips and hints from any
list-members who might be familiar with the area (country). Where's good
to go? What are the musts and must nots?

Of course, I thought about making a one-person demonstration at the
Olympus headquaters (carrying a sign saying "Reincarnate the OM-line" or
something), but somehow I feel that this would be futile :(

Also, I had a very pleasent meeting with fellow listees Steve and Chris
(hi) when I was in Minneapolis this march. It was lots of fun. So if
there're any listees in the area I'll be visiting, it would be fun to get
together.

I'm also considering what photo-stuff to bring. Normally, I don't mind
size and weight since I often have a fixed base at a hotel and a rental
car. However this time I'll probably be travelling by public
transportation, not staying at one hotel for very long. So weight/size
will come into play and a compelling reason is needed for carrying the
300/4.5 along this time....

Ideally, I'd have slides, color-print and s/h available, but....hmm....

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering

  E-Mail: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx