Re: [OM] (OM) Night Action Flash Question

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Night Action Flash Question
From: "tom wagner" <sally30@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 21:29:09 -0400
I suppose if we could see the pic's, that would be a start

<OK
gang, tell me what I goofed up this time..

On Thu, 2 May 2002 20:27:20 -0400 (EDT)
 acmeracer@xxxxxxxxx (Larry Lype) wrote:
  Hi Fellow Zuik's
I just recieved the photos from a night race (sprint cars on a paved track) that we shot last Saturday. The daytime hot lap shots were good, however, when I needed flash for the heat races and A-Main, thats where
things went downhill. Here is the list of gear used;

Setup 1
OM-1 Black
Metz 45-CL-4 w/ Quantum 2 battery
Kodak 800 Color print film
Vivitar 28-200 3.5-5.3 72mm lens
sync set at "X"
shutter speed 1/60
Setup 2
OM-1
Metz 45-CT-1 w/ Quantum 2 battery
Kodak 800 color print film
Vivitar Series 1 28-90 2.8-305 67mm lens
sync set at "X"
shutter speed 1/60

With the flash photos, the left third and the center are DARK, while the right third of the print is OK. Both flash units were set on manual/full, as this track is really not that well lighted. In between races, all the camera equipment is kept in our motorhome with the AC on. (its nice to be able to park in the pit area) My black body has had a very recent CLA. But what puzzles me is that both camera/flash setups did the same thing. Even the victory lane shots did the same thing. OK
gang, tell me what I goofed up this time.

Best Regards
Larry -boy, do I miss "day racin" - Lype

Somedays it just dont pay to chew through the leather
restraints..............

< This message was delivered via the Olympus Mailing List