Re: o[OM] Absolutely OT: Macys

Subject: Re: o[OM] Absolutely OT: Macys
From: Benson Honig <benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 16:46:56 +0300
Funny, having lived in both the U.S. and U.K., I have found the refund
policies to be about 1000% more liberal in the USA. The problem is simple.
I, too, have discovered that Macy's e-mail is a lost cause. It turns out
they are another division, and have no service orientation at all. I am
almost certain that if you write a letter to the actual store where you
bought the product, they will honor and refund the item. The address is
probably on the receipt. Alternatively, you can show up at almost any
Macy's anywhere and ask for a refund or exchange - in the store, they will
gladly do it. Perhaps someone can do it for you.
Good luck with it,
Benson

>HI

>I need some advice from our American listees here that is about as far away
>from Olympus as I can think....

>This is it....On a visit to the States my brother-in-law bought some clothes
>in Macys for my wife, but they are the wrong size. we've emailed Macys
>customer service, asking if we can post the stuff back to them for
>replacement (we have the receipt) but amazingly they are refusing, just
>quoting the company line that "goods must be taken back to the store for an
>exchange"... Is this "Good Customer Service" or what?

Benson Honig Ph.D.
University of Haifa
Graduate School of Business
Tel: 972-4-8249582