Re: [OM] Absolutely OT: Macys

Subject: Re: [OM] Absolutely OT: Macys
From: Jim Couch <jamesbcouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 08:23:15 -0700
Sam,

Contact the Better Business Bureau, or at least threaten to.  The BBB is an
organization that helps mediate disputes between businesses and consumers. I
will see if I can get a phone number off to you when I get into work this
morning.

Also, I would probably give up on e-mail as a solution to this problem, call
their customer service line, ask the person you are speaking to "can you
authorize a return under these conditions?" If they say they cannot authorize
the return, ask to speak to their supervisor, or someone who his in authority to
make such a decision.

Alternately, you might find someone in the states (possibly a list member?) who
lives near a Macys and send the stuff to them to take in for an exchange.

Jim Couch